Singapore to launch Segregated Travel Lane for business travel from all countries
Singapore to Open for Business Travelers and House Them in Bubble
The Segregated Travel Lane is also known as the Connect@Singapore Initiative will be open to business, official and high economic value travellers from all countries. They are allowed to stay for up to 14 days.
Summary of what the Segregated Travel Lane entails:
- Visit Singapore for up to 14 days
- Present Negative COVID-19 polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test before leaving their home country
- Take another PCR test upon arrival in Singapore
- Undergo routine medical checks & testing
- Take Antigen rapid test on the 3rd , 5th, 7th and 11th days after their arrival
- Observe all prevailing safe management measures and use of Trace Together and Safe Entry app.
- Stay at Segregated Facilities
- Pre-declared a travel group of up to five travellers
- Not allowed to mingle with other travellers
- The 1st Segregated facility is “Connect@Changi” located at 9 Somapah Road, Singapore 487370
- Connect@Changi is a “test-stay-work-meet” concept
- More Segregated Facilities will be announced at a later stage
- Able to conduct meetings with local visitors and travellers from other group at the Segregated facility
- All meetings rooms are outfitted with air-tight glass panels
Connect@Changi is developed by a Singapore consortium, led by Temasek and includes The Ascott Limited, Changi Airport Group, Sheares Healthcare Group, SingEx and Surbana Jurong. The project’s initial phase, located at Singapore EXPO Halls 7 and 8, involves building over 670 premium guest rooms and close to 170 meeting rooms that can accommodate a range of meeting sizes, from four to 22 attendees. When fully constructed in mid-2021, the facility will include more than 1,300 guest rooms and about 340 meeting rooms.
Connect@Changi will offer an integrated ‘test-stay-work-meet’ experience for inbound business travellers, complementing the Singapore’s government’s broader efforts to accelerate the resumption of regional and international business activities in a safe and calibrated manner.
Business travellers landing at Changi Airport can make use of the facility to meet their Singapore-based counterparts or hold regional meetings in person, all while enjoying a comfortable stay in the equivalent of a four-star accommodation facility, with safe management measures in place. Such an arrangement between an international airport and purpose-built accommodation of scale that safeguards guests and the local community from COVID-19 is a world first.
Prime Aces Limousine has been providing executive ground transportation for National Events such as F1, 3rd Forum of Ministers and Environment, International Institure for Strategic Studies(IISS), Trump – Kim Summit, OPEC, and more. For more information on our limousine rates or any other information concerning the WEF, feel free to contact us.