Stay-Home Notice and COVID-19 Test
All travellers are required to comply with the prevailing public health regulations and requirements in Singapore. These may include (i) serving a Stay-Home Notice (SHN), and/or (ii) taking the COVID-19 test.
We appreciate your understanding and are dedicated to continuing to provide you with the highest level of service that you have come to expect. We wish you the best of health and look forward to serving you again soon!
What to Expect at Singapore’s Immigration Counters
Upon arrival in Singapore, you may be served an SHN during immigration clearance. To ensure smooth clearance, please present the following documents to the immigration officer:
- Passport/Travel Document that is valid for at least six months
- SG Arrival Card acknowledgement email
- Approval Letter of Entry from relevant authority (if applicable)
- SafeTravel Pass / Periodic Commuting Arrangement Pass / Air Travel Pass (if applicable)
- Long-Term pass (In-Principle Approval) letter (if applicable)
- Valid Singapore visa (if applicable)
We will not be able to provide advance information regarding SHN dedicated facilities (SDF), as the demand for these facilities is constantly changing due to the evolving COVID-19 situation. Please follow the instructions given by the ICA officers at the immigration checkpoints.
To aid ICA’s efforts in the enforcement of the SHN requirement, travellers entering Singapore from 10 August 2020, 2359hrs onwards, and are not serving SHN at SDFs will be issued with an electronic monitoring device. This device must be worn by the traveller for the full duration of the SHN period. Travellers aged 12 or younger (in that calendar year) are exempted from wearing the device. Click here for the news release.
Stay-Home Notice (SHN)
The following groups of travellers will be exempted from the SHN requirement and subjected to COVID-19 test post-arrival in Singapore:
- All travellers who enter Singapore with a valid SafeTravel Pass ;
- Singapore residents holding a Malaysia-issued MyTravelPass (Reciprocal Green Lane);
- Singapore residents holding a Malaysia-issued MyTravelPass (Periodic Commuting Arrangement), and have an approved SHN waiver for short-term leave in Singapore;
- Foreign travellers who enter Singapore with a valid Air Travel Pass; and
- Singapore residents and Long-Term Pass holders (with Approval Letter of Entry) who spent at least 14 days prior to arriving from Australia (excluding Victoria State), Brunei Darussalam, New Zealand or Vietnam.
Please refer to the SafeTravel Website for more details about SafeTravel Pass, MyTravelPass and Air Travel Pass.
For those with extenuating circumstances, such as medical conditions or mobility issues that make it difficult for them to stay at their own accommodation or at an SHN Dedicated Facility (SDF), they should provide the details in this form at go.gov.sg/shnhotelneeds.
For SHN-related enquiries or assistance, you may contact the SHN Helpline at 6812 5555.
Please visit go.gov.sg/govsg-shn for more information on SHN. Travellers that are serving their SHN are not allowed to leave their place of residence or SDF for the duration of the SHN period.
COVID-19 Swab Test
Before the end of SHN, all travellers will be scheduled to take a COVID-19 swab test at a designated community testing facility. Children aged 12 or younger (in that calendar year) need not take a COVID-19 swab test unless their close contacts are found to be COVID-19 positive.
Persons placed on SHN (PSHNs) will receive a call and/or SMS notification on their registered mobile number regarding the details of their allotted swab test appointment. PSHNs will be notified of the test result generally within 1 to 4 days after the day of the swab. PSHNs should continue to adhere to the terms of the SHN.
For more information on payment request by ICA for COVID-19 swab test, please click here.
As Singapore’s border restriction measures evolve with the global situation, you are advised to check the MOH’s website for the latest updates.